Educate and empower yourself to confidently advise your career, clients, and colleagues about digital asset technologies.
The Blockchain Foundations course introduces the world of blockchain, bitcoin, and distributed ledgers. You will learn the basics, look at how blockchain works, explore Bitcoin, review blockchain’s brief and fascinating history, and show you the practical usage of this technology. The objective of the course is to provide a solid foundation for those looking to gain a deeper understanding and learn how it will affect nearly all business areas. With a firm focus on, but not entirely limited to, the finance industry, we will look at use cases already in the market and emerging use cases to alter how we operate businesses and safeguard our personal information.
Questions We’ll Explore:
- How does blockchain work?
- What is mining and hashing?
- Do digital wallets differ in their capabilities?
- How will smart contracts change how we operate?
- What are the nuances with Private vs. Public vs. Hybrid and Permissioned vs. Permissionless blockchains?
- What are the different types of consensus, and how does the consensus mechanism differ from protocol to protocol?
Courses in this Certificate Program
- 6 Total Hours
- OnDemand: 6 Hours
- Optional Live: 2+ Hours
- Tuition: $99
|Courses in this Program||Hours||Delivery Method|
|Student Orientation||1 Hour||Live Online (Optional)|
|Blockchain Foundations||6 Hours||OnDemand - Instructor Supported|
|Live Instructor AMA - bi-monthly||1 Hours+||Live Online (Optional)|
Upcoming LIVE Instruction Dates
Live Web3 AMA Learn alongside your web3 peers and subject matter experts. Friday, September 29, 2023...September 29 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
CRYPTO TRADING COMPETITION Does your trading team have what it takes to be at the top of the leaderb...October 3 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Blockchain Foundations Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of this intensive program, participants will be able to:
Explore the origins of blockchain and understand how the technology will disrupt many industries
Position your mindset to the web3 way of operating online;
Comprehend and articulate blockchain applications, or DApps (decentralized applications);
Course and tuition credit towards advanced blockchain Certification tracks.
Certificate of Completion – Blockchain Foundations – 6 Hours
35% Focus Area Certification Exam Competencies for:
- Web3 Foundations Level 1 Certification
- Certifying Body: Web3 Certification Board (W3CB)
Share your digital badge with employers, clients, investors, and team members.
No prior blockchain or computer programming experience is required. A 10th-grade reading and math proficiency is recommended.
Anyone interested in learning about Web3, blockchain, and distributed ledger technology.
Blockchain Foundations Course Content
Module 1: Blockchain Background and Basics
- Blockchain History
- How Blockchain Works
- What are the Properties of a Blockchain?
Module 2: Different Types of Blockchains
- Private vs. Public Blockchains
- Permissioned vs. Permissionless
- Public vs. Private vs Hybrid Discussion
Module 3: Consensus
- Consensus Mechanisms
- Consensus Protocols – 14 examples
Module 4: Cryptography and Hashing
- Machine/Mathematical Cryptography
- Hash Function Properties
Module 5: Smart Contracts
- Intensive Smart Contracts
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Smart Contracts
- Blockchain Oracles
Module 6: Blockchain Wallets
Module 7: Pros and Cons
Module 8: Public Blockchain-Based Applications
Module 9: Blockchain and Crypto Regulation
- Regulatory Opportunity and Challenges
- Global Regulations
- Regulatory View of Bitcoin
Module 10: Regulatory Reporting
Module 11: Distributed Autonomous Organizations
- The DAO – Distributed Autonomous Organization
- The DAO Attack – Legal and Other Issues
Module 12: Blockchain Today
Module 13: The Trilemma
Bundled Certification Programs Related to this Course
Web3 Career Track
Certified Blockchain Enterprise Advocate
Certified Blockchain Enterprise Professional
Certified Blockchain Legal Professional
Certified Blockchain Legal & Regulatory Professional
Certified Blockchain Financial Analyst
Certified Blockchain HealthTech Professional
Certified Blockchain Insurance Professional
Certified Blockchain Accounting Professional
Certified Blockchain Supply Chain Professional
Certified Blockchain Project Manager
Certified Blockchain Government Advisor
- Dates: Rolling Enrollment
- Location: OnDemand & LIVE Online
- Tuition: $99
- Tuition Assistance
- 6 Total Hours
- Module Quizzes and Knowledge Checks
- Guest Lectures & Networking
- Student Orientation
- LIVE Online Instructor AMAs
- Certification Exam Prep
The material covered in this course contributes to 35% of the Focus Areas as defined in the Web3 Certification Association (W3CB) Web3 Foundations Level 1 Certification Exam Competencies.
This Course is included in the following Certification Career Tracks:
- AI Essentials
- Web3 Foundations
- Blockchain Foundations
- Blockchain & Bitcoin Intensive
- Exam Voucher: W3CB Web3 Foundations Level 1 Certification Exam (v2023) Voucher.