Corda Certified Developer
Corda Certified Developer
Corda is an open-source blockchain project, designed for business from the start.
The Corda Developer program is a technical course for developers and technical leaders who want to learn about R3’s Corda distributed ledger technology (DLT) product based on Blockchain. This course focuses and Corda application development, or CorDapp, as they are known in the R3 developer community. R3 Corda is the culmination of a collaborative effort with over 70 of the world’s largest financial institutions. This open-source distributed ledger platform executes transactions, records, manages and automates legal agreements between businesses. The value and efficiency that Corda brings to the business world requires highly skilled professionals that command high wages for leading the developing and deploying of the Corda applciations. Students completing the Corda Developer course are prepared to sit for R3’s Corda Developer Certification exam.
QUESTIONS WE’LL EXPLORE
- What are the real-world use-cases of Corda?
- Why is Corda technically distributed ledger technology and how is that different from blockchain?
- Participation in Corda network and who transacts and participates?
- What is the difference between Corda and Hyperledger Fabric?
- What are the main steps of Corda Smart Contract, or CorDapp, development from a business perspective?
- What are the offerings of the Corda developer community?
Courses in this Certificate Program
- 15 Total Hours
- OnDemand: 0 Hours
- LIVE Instructor: 15 Hours
- Tuition: $1,195
|Courses in this Program||Hours||Delivery Method|
|Student Orientation||1 Hours||Live Online|
|Corda Developer Workshop||10 Hours||Live Online Instructor Led|
|Live Instructor AMA - Weekly||5 Hours||Live Online Instructor Led|
Upcoming LIVE Instruction Dates
Corda Developer Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of this intensive program, participants will be able to:
Explain the subtle differences between distributed ledger technology and Blockchain.
Recognize the overall architecture, key concepts, and components of Corda;
Familiarize and establish a development environment for running and writing CorDapps;
Create Smart Contracts or CorDapps using Corda libraries, methods, Corda data types, and syntax;
Identifying business workflow needed for building, testing enabling Corda users to automate business logic;
Deploy, run, and maintain enterprise level CorDapps.
Certificate of Completion
R3 Certification Exam – Corda Certified Developer
All software developers, software architects considering developing on a private blockchain network.
Sample Course Content
Module 1: Intro to Corda
- Understand the overall architecture, key concepts, and components of Corda
- Discussion includes cryptology and hashing.
- Learn how to set up your development environment for running and writing CorDapps
- Analysis of the development environment, the build process, and other sections of development.
- Understand how to model shared facts and agreements on the ledger.
- Discussion includes modeling participants, or parties, and actions.
Module 2: Contracts
- Create Corda smart contracts, or CorDapps, controlling the evolution of the ledger.
- Discussion includes Corda libraries, methods, Corda data Types, Corda commands, syntax, and other development items.
- Learn about the transaction lifecycle, and how transactions are used to propose ledger updates.
- Elements of a transaction, transaction methods in the contract.
- The discussion also includes transaction builders, Corda commands, signatures and other items.
- Use our business flow framework to develop flows allowing Corda users to automate common business logic.
- Building Flows of different types, Flow methods, and objects. Flow annotations are also discussed.
Module 3: Corda Node and Network
- Learn how the node is designed, what it can do, and what it can’t.
- Learn what services/APIs the node offers.
- Node Internals, Node types, Node Services
- Understand how a Corda network is structured and how data flows between nodes on the network.
- Corda Network Design and Communication, running nodes and the command line.
- Corda API
Module 4: Running Corda and CorDapp Workshop
- Deploying CorDapp Examples
- Running CorDapp Examples.
- Modifying and running CorDapp Examples.
Corda Node Test Network.
- Bring up a Corda Node in the Test Network
- Exploring the Corda node.
- Deploying Examples to the new Test Network Node.
- Running Examples on the Test Network Node.
Module 5: Building new CorDapps on the new Corda Node.
- Build new CorDapps on the new Corda Node from “scratch”.
- Develop source code, and building with Gradle.
- Deploy the new CorDapps to the Test Network
- Run the CorDapps on the Corda test network.