Certified Blockchain Accounting Professional
Certified Blockchain Accounting Professional
Blockchain is the Most In-Demand Hard Skill in 2020. – LinkedIn
The Certified Blockchain Accountant Professional program is an intensive program designed to explore where the introduction of blockchain technology will impact business models, operations, and accounting. In addition to understanding this technology’s foundational aspect, participants will see how this technology changes operational deployment to their benefit. Those completing the program will understand smart contracts, consensus protocols, public vs. private chains, use cases across different industries and business modules, and lastly, how to establish a business and accounting strategy to make use of blockchain.
Certificate of Completion and BCA Certification:
This program’s completion provides you with a Certificate of Completion and prepares you to sit for the Certified Blockchain Accounting Professional exam through the Blockchain Certification Association (“BCA”). You have two attempts to achieve 80% or greater on the assessment. BCA’s AI Proctored Examination allows you to take the evaluation remotely from your home or office. The BCA exam fee is included with your program.
QUESTIONS WE’LL EXPLORE
- How does blockchain work?
- What is blockchain governance in practice?
- What is a smart contract, and how is it audited?
- Will accountants need to learn to code?
- Will blockchain and cryptocurrency alter how we operate and run businesses?
- Who are the participants in a blockchain project?
- How are cryptocurrencies classified In GAAP financials?
How this course works:
You complete the courses within this program at your own pace and attend live events, instructor sessions and blockchain labs as your schedule permits. LIVE sessions are regularly scheduled (monthly) and are recorded for OnDemand viewing. Start when you are ready, and should you fall behind, we will send notifications encouraging you to log in and continue to completion. Upon completion, you are eligible to sit for the BCA Certification exam.
Courses in this Certificate Program
- 70 Total Hours
- OnDemand: 60 Hours
- LIVE Instructor: 10 Hours
- Tuition: $1,995
|Courses in this Program||Hours||Delivery Method|
|Student Orientation||1 Hour||LIVE - Online|
|Blockchain Foundations||15 Hours||OnDemand - Instructor Supported|
|Blockchain and Bitcoin Intensive||10 Hours||OnDemand - Instructor Supported|
|Blockchain Development Decision||10 Hours||OnDemand - Instructor Supported|
|Key Management||5 Hours||OnDemand - Instructor Supported|
|Blockchain for Accountants||15 Hours||OnDemand - Instructor Supported|
|Introduction to the Agile Blockchain||5 Hours||OnDemand - Instructor Supported|
|LIVE Instructor AMA - Weekly||5 Hours||LIVE Online Instructor Led|
|Blockchain Lab - No-Code||5 Hours||LIVE Online Instructor Led & OnDemand|
Upcoming LIVE Instruction Dates
Blockchain Student Orientation – Tuesday September 6th @ 12 PM EST
12 PM to 1 PM Eastern Time – LIVE Online Join alongside your blockchain student peers for the upcoming Student Orientation, held monthly! This is not a required session but… Continue reading Blockchain Student Orientation – Tuesday September 6th @ 12 PM EST
Instructor AMA – LIVE Weekly – FRIDAY – SEPTEMBER 16th @ 1 PM Eastern
1 PM to 2:30 PM Eastern Time (10 AM to 2:30 PM Pacific Time) You join weekly to ask questions, learn alongside others, and network with blockchain enthusiasts like yourself. … Continue reading Instructor AMA – LIVE Weekly – FRIDAY – SEPTEMBER 16th @ 1 PM Eastern
Blockchain LAB – Friday September 16th at 12 PM EST
12 PM to 2:30 PM Eastern Time (9 AM to 11:30 AM Pacific Time) Blockchain LAB with SIMBA Chain No-code and low-code software DYNAMIC APIS The SIMBA Blocks platform… Continue reading Blockchain LAB – Friday September 16th at 12 PM EST
Blockchain for Accounting Professional Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of this intensive program, participants will be able to:
Analyze real-life use cases in Accounting and record keeping.
Construct a strategy to make use of blockchain for varying accounting industry needs
Comprehend blockchain fundamentals
Explain smart contracts and consensus protocols
Compare public vs. private chains required for different blockchain solutions.
Identifying the decisions and participants in a successful blockchain implementation
Learn about various blockchain platforms – Open Source and Commercial
Understand the hosting and mining options
Awareness of associated technologies and primary programming languages.
Certificate of Completion
Eligible to sit for the BCA Certification – Blockchain Accounting Professional
No prior blockchain or computer programming experience required. Recommended: Prior experience as an Accountant or bookkeeper, or existing students and recent graduates of Accounting, Finance, and Business are well suited for this course.
Specific job titles that would benefit from this program include CFO, Treasurer, Accountant, Auditor, Controller, IT Systems Manager, Researchers, Marketing, Sales, and aspiring accounting professionals.
Sample Course Content
COURSE 1: Blockchain Foundations
- Module 1: Blockchain Background and Basics
- Module 2: Different Types of Blockchains
- Module 3: Consensus
- Module 4: Cryptography and Hashing
- Module 5: Smart Contracts
- Module 6: Blockchain Wallets
- Module 7: Pros and Cons
- Module 8: Public Blockchain-Based Applications
- Module 9: Blockchain and Crypto Regulation
- Module 10: Regulatory Reporting
- Module 11: Distributed Autonomous Organizations
- Module 12: Blockchain Today
- Module 13: The Trilemma
COURSE 2: Blockchain & Bitcoin Intensive
- Module 1: Bitcoin Overview
- Module 2: Technical Limitations & Mining Introduction
- Module 3: Mining
- Module 4: Bitcoin vs Protocols 2.0, 3.0, 4.0…etc.
- Module 5: The New Database
- Module 6: Payments, Voting and other Use Cases
- Module 7: What’s next?
COURSE 3: Blockchain Development Decision
- Module 1 – Development Essentials
- Module 2 – Platforms
- Module 3 – Hosting and Mining Decisions
- Module 4 – Associated Technologies
- Module 5 – Development Languages
- Module 6 – Security and Implementation Goals
- Module 7 – Risk Management
- Module 8 – Digital Transformation & Summary
COURSE 4: Key Management
- Module 1: Key Management Overview
- Module 2: Key Generation
- Module 3: Key Management and Storage
- Module 4: Risks
COURSE 5: Blockchain for Accountants
- BFA Module 0 – Blockchain and Accounting Introduction
- BFA Module 1 – Blockchain 101
- BFA Module 2 – Smart Contracts
- BFA Module 3 – Blockchain Accounting Use Cases
- BFA Module 4 – Blockchain Adoption
- BFA Module 5 – The Current State of Blockchain
- BFA Module 6 – Preparing Your Firm For Blockchain
COURSE 6: Introduction to the Agile Blockchain
- Lesson 1: Agile Methodologies and the Blockchain Layers
- Lesson 2: Scrum, Lean, XP, and DevOps Methodologies
- Lesson 3: Agile Economics, working incrementally
- Lesson 4: Backlog, Sprints/Iterations, Velocity, Stories, Points, Working Product Increments
- Lesson 5: Events: Vision, Planning, Daily Stand Up, Refinement
- Lesson 6: Reviewing and Improving based on working products
- Lesson 7: Release on demand
- Lesson 8: The unique aspects of the Blockchain layer in the Agile strategy