Become Solidty Smart Contract and DAPP Developer and earn more!
The Ethereum Developer course is for existing developers who wish to understand how to create Smart Contracts and develop Ethereum-based decentralized applications (“dApps”). This live instructor-led developer workshop gives a top-down view of all important aspects of creating Smart Contracts and dApps, an overview of how the Ethereum Blockchain works, different from traditional architecture, and set up a working environment of new developer tools. Students learn Solidity, the primary language used for creating Smart Contracts on Ethereum. After learning how to write, deploy, test, and interact with Smart Contracts, students see real examples in action by simulating real running protocols. Graduating students will connect Smart Contracts to a user interface, illustrating their ability to develop sophisticated dApps (Decentralized Applications).
QUESTIONS WE’LL EXPLORE
- What is Solidity?
- What is Truffle for Ethereum?
- What are ERC20, ERC-721, ERC223 and other Smart Contract standards, and how do they differ?
- How do you connect a Smart Contract to a user interface?
- Funding transactions and what happens when a transaction runs out of funds called gas?
- What’s the most commonly used Ethereum development framework?
Courses in this Certificate Program
- 20 Total Hours
- OnDemand: 0 Hours
- LIVE Instructor: 20 Hours
- Tuition: $1,195
|Courses in this Program||Hours||Delivery Method|
|Student Orientation||1 Hours||Live Online|
|Ethereum Developer||15 Hours||Live Online Instructor Led|
|Live Instructor AMA - Weekly||5 Hours||Live Online Instructor Led|
Upcoming LIVE Instruction Dates
Blockchain Student Orientation – Tuesday September 6th @ 12 PM EST
12 PM to 1 PM Eastern Time – LIVE Online Join alongside your blockchain student peers for the upcoming Student Orientation, held monthly! This is not a required session but… Continue reading Blockchain Student Orientation – Tuesday September 6th @ 12 PM EST
Instructor AMA – LIVE Weekly – FRIDAY – SEPTEMBER 16th @ 1 PM Eastern
1 PM to 2:30 PM Eastern Time (10 AM to 2:30 PM Pacific Time) You join weekly to ask questions, learn alongside others, and network with blockchain enthusiasts like yourself. … Continue reading Instructor AMA – LIVE Weekly – FRIDAY – SEPTEMBER 16th @ 1 PM Eastern
Ethereum Developer Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of this intensive program, participants will be able to:
Explain the basic working mechanism of the Blockchain (specifically, the Ethereum Blockchain and the Ethereum Virtual Machine);
Configure your own nodeJS, testrpc/parity nodes, and truffle projects.
Write simple Smart Contracts and write tests for those Smart Contracts.
Write your own Smart contracts using Solidity.
Working with Ethereum Wallet, such as MetaMask
Compile and debug their Smart Contracts
Write useful test cases for your Smart Contract
Deploy their Smart Contracts to the Ethereum network
Interact with deployed Smart Contracts
Create your own tokens, both fungible tokens and non-fungible tokens.
Issue tokens to the public as an ICO
Create and interact with an identity management system
Exchange tokens in a token exchange Smart Contract and in offline protocols
Deploy and use your own multisig wallet
Connect any Smart Contract to a user interface
Run your Smart Contracts through the user interface.
Certificate of Completion
Eligible for BCA Certification Exam
- Ethereum Developer Certification
- Exam fee is included in your tuition
All software developers should consider learning Ethereum and Solidity.
Sample Course Content
Module 1: Basic Concepts and Configuring a Working Environment
- The origin of the blockchain and its basic working mechanism
- Consensus and the blockchain. How to agree on things
- Asymmetric (key) encryption
- Transactions and scripts
- How the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) works. Storage, transactions, OP_CODES etc
- Installing and configuring Remix and the truffle framework
- Creating a private blockchain using testRPC and parity
- Working with RPC and HTTP requests
- Using truffle to deploy smart contracts and run tests
- Writing tests for our smart contracts
- Using nodeJS as the back of our app
Module 2: Introduction to Solidity
- The smart contract as an object on the Blockchain
- Variables, types, arrays, mapping, memory and storage
- Inheritance and classes. Interaction between contracts, calls and libraries
- Functions, constructors, modifiers and control flow
- In-line assembly
- Security considerations
Module 3: Exploring Smart Contracts and Ethereum Protocols
- ERC20, ERC-72, ERC223 and other Smart Contract standards
- Token issuance mechanisms
- Identity management systems (uport, civic etc.)
- Token exchanges
- Wallets and multisig
Module 4: Finalizing Your App:
- Using web3.js library
- Connecting your app to an Ethereum node
- Architectural considerations – how and when to use the Blockchain
- Building the proper framework for displaying and receiving information to/from the user